One of the best university professors I ever had refused to accept the excuse that his students didn’t have time to finish an assignment.
“Peole don’t have time;” he would say, “we make time”.
Words to live by, ever since.
So it would be wrong of me to suggest that I’ve been neglecting my blog because I don’t have time. I have the same 24 hours in a day as everybody else.
It would also be wrong to say that I’ve been lacking inspiration. Lots of ideas have flitted through my head at various moments over the last 3 (three!) weeks, and I’ve got a few drafts of different stuff floating around.
What seems to be missing are those rare moments where available time and inspiration have a chance to sneak off together for a few precious minutes to flirt, steal a kiss, maybe roll in the hay a little.
I’m hoping that will happen soon.
But for today, a rare segment of Grace in Small Things:
1. The sun waking up before I do.
2. A night free of coughing.
3. Dee’s new bangs, and the spirit that came with them.
4. Stable jobs, and salaries that took us on a mini-vacation to New York state this weekend.
5. Coming home to scatters of blood-red tulips, pushing through the grass.